What Are Cooling Pillows?
A cooling pillow is a pillow filled with gel that keeps your head cool when sleeping. The gel absorbs heat from your body, keeping your head cooler while sleeping. This feature can cool down the pillow without compromising its shape, keeping the temperature down throughout the night. Additionally, cooling gel is essential for mattresses and pillows made from memory foam, which traps heat.
Many cooling pillows boast ventilation or airflow, allowing fresh air to penetrate the material and causing old air to move out. This ventilation can be a particularly good feature for cooling pillows.
Who Are Cooling Pillows for?
Body temperature plays a vital role in how well you sleep; the last thing you want is to feel hot-headed while trying to rest. Suppose you experience hot flashes or night sweats throughout your sleep and tend to wake up with greasy hair and oily skin. In that case, consider changing up your sleeping pillows.
Best Cooling Pillows for Hot Flashes
- This pillow uses the latest coldest fusion weave technology. The fantastic breathability of this pillow has already made head-sweating experience history.
- Includes adjustable shredded memory foam so you can adjust the pillow's firmness or softness.
- The best cooling gel is used to avoid night sweating.
- The coldest anti heat dispersion layer and dual frost layers are used to enhance the cooling performance.
- This pillow is designed with cooling fibers that really help to keep your head cool. The cooling side is made of silky fabric, and the soft side is made with breathable bamboo fiber material.
- You have the option to add more fill or remove according to your preferred height, shape or sleep positions.
- Support your head, neck, and shoulders to remove pain and experience great sleep.
- CertiPUR-US certified.
- Maxzzz pillow is made based on head weight data. It provides excellent support because it was modeled after analyzing average head weight.
- Absorbs heat and helps to keep your head cool during sleep. The cooling gel used in this pillow is extracted from natural materials. Honeycomb pressure relief hole technology is used to have even airflow so that your head does not get sweaty.
- It contains natural copper ion, which is an anti-mite by ingredient.
- Soft and skin friendly polyester made pillowcase with OEKO-TEX certification.
- CertiPUR-US certified to ensure safety.
- This pillow contains advanced quality open cell air gel memory foam. The main features of this foam are it is lightweight and has great ventilation, which allows it to pass through the air quickly.
- The pillowcase is made with a high-quality polyester and bamboo blend. This will make sure you never wake up with a wet head. Bamboo fiber will keep your skin cool and dry. The high-quality polyester will absorb moisture quickly.
- A perfect pillow for side sleepers, back sleepers, and stomach sleepers. It also helps to reduce neck, and shoulder pain.
- Certified by CertiPUR - US.
What to Look for in a Cooling Pillow
It is crucial that you pay attention to the cooling materials used when choosing a cooling pillow. Cooling materials are used in two areas:
- Body of the pillow
- Pillow cover.
There are many cooling materials that can be used in the body of a pillow, including cooling gel, gel-infused memory foam, and charcoal-infused memory foam. They all absorb your body heat and dissipate it, so it doesn’t build up in your pillow and cause you to have a hot sleep.
When it comes to the pillow cover, breathability is the most important factor. The covers made from bamboo and cotton allow air to pass easily through them, preventing heat buildup.
The fill of your pillow is an important factor to consider. While down is extremely comfortable, it tends to retain heat due to the fact that it is made from goose feathers.
Alternative down pillow fill is typically made from natural materials like cotton or synthetic materials like polyester. Compared to down, down alternatives tend to be cooler.
You may be accustomed to looking for high thread counts; however, this may not be the best option when it comes to cooling pillows. A thread count refers to how many threads there are per square inch, and more threads usually mean a softer material. However, higher thread counts result in less breathable fabrics. Therefore, choosing a cooling pillow with a relatively low thread count is best.
Good cooling pillows will cost you more than generic polyester pillows. But that doesn’t mean it will cost you a fortune. The cheapest pillow option is likely to be a down alternative with a slightly cooling fill. You can also find great gel-infused memory foam pillows for under $100.
Leave a Reply