Ankylosing Spondylitis is a chronic form of arthritis that causes pain and stiffness in the spine. The cause of AS is unknown, although genetics may play a role. People who suffer from AS often experience fatigue, back pain, and joint inflammation.
During inflammation, the body produces extra calcium around the spine’s bones. This can result in extra bits of bone growth and cause your back and neck to be stiffer. In addition, there is a possibility that some spine bones may link together or fuse together due to this extra calcium production. This can result in the spine curving forward in serious cases.
Be Picky About Your Pillows
Cervical contour pillows are very effective for most people with AS, says Dr. Anand (Director of spine trauma at Cedars-Sinai Spine Center in Los Angeles.). Because it allows your neck to be in a better position, which helps your lower back. He says foam contour pillows are also a top choice. ” You’ll need a thicker pillow if you have a firmer mattress. Because there’s less cushion for your shoulder to sink into, there’s greater space between your mattress and your head,” he says. With a memory foam mattress, you’ll need the opposite. A thinner pillow that compensates for your shoulder sinking into the bed.
List of Best Pillows for Ankylosing Spondylitis
- The orthopedic contour pillow supports the head, neck, and shoulders in alignment with the spine.
- As you sleep, memory foam is infused with a cooling gel material to help regulate your body temperature.
- With two different heights, this cervical neck support maintains your natural neck curve and improves your sleep.
- This luxurious cover is incredibly soft, breathable, and easily removable for frequent laundering.
- With an ergonomic design, the HOMCA cervical pillow supports and aligns your head, neck, shoulder, and back in a neutral position.
- The hypoallergenic rayon/polyester proprietary blend pillow case keeps you cool and comfortable all night long. It will be easier for you to fall asleep and sleep longer.
- To make sleeping comfortable, there are grooves that allow your arms to go under. Warp your arms around the wings while lying on your stomach for perfect support.
- Pure memory foam is used in its making. Sleeping on your back, side, or stomach provides maximum comfort and greatly eases the muscles in your head, neck, shoulder, and back.
- An ergonomically designed product that allows your neck and shoulders to completely relax. Sleeping on this contoured pillow will relieve neck and back discomfort and rejuvenate your body.
- Mkicesky Cervical Pillows responsive memory foam reshapes to the desired position to cradle your head and relieve pressure points to improve circulation.
- For different sleeping positions, like back sleeping or side sleeping, perfect for a good night's sleep.
- As a result of the cervical contour, you'll be able to breathe more freely throughout the night and reduce your snoring.
- It has a hollow center that fits the back of the head. The secret lies in its special shape, which keeps your spine aligned while contouring your head and neck. There are subtle cutaways along the bottom edge of the orthopedic pillow, which relieve neck tension.
- The quality and comfort of your sleep can both be greatly improved with this side sleeping pillow. You can rest your tired head on it comfortably and effectively. It relieves pressure points and improves circulation. It eliminates neck and back pain.
- The pillow is made from certified odorless memory foam. A soft surface is created with just enough give to be comfortable and will not become flat or soft after use.
- It is the best medium-firm ergonomic pillow to prevent or stop neck pain and discomfort and have a good night's sleep.
- Support and comfort are the best features of this ergonomic pillow. It will uniquely fit your head and neck, ensuring you get customized support throughout the night.
- This unique neck support pillow contours to the head and neck for optimal comfort and support in all sleeping positions. Its two height levels make it a great choice for the stomach, back, and side sleepers.
- Like most memory foam pillows, the ergonomic pillow does not sleep hot. Even in the middle of summer, it doesn't get hot. Providing you with the comfort you deserve at night.
- IKSTAR neck pillows provide both comfort and firmness at every level. It is easily removable for machine washing. The fabric lining on the top is very stylist against the bedding.
Read More: TOP 7 BEST PILLOWS FOR CHIARI MALFORMATION